Best Electric Pickup Truck
Pickup trucks are the workhorses of the modern era. The United States has relied on them for many decades, and this fact likely will not change even as more and more manufacturers continue to produce electric vehicles.
Fortunately, car manufacturers are aware of this need, and more electric pickup trucks are being made every year alongside countless electric sedans and recreational vehicles.
Although most pickup trucks are still powered by gas and diesel fuel, trucks powered at least in part by electricity can offer some advantages. In general, electric pickup trucks provide:
- A healthier environment: Electric pickup trucks produce zero emissions, making them friendly to the environment and your lungs.
- Increased fuel efficiency: Compared to many gas-powered trucks, electric trucks convert more power to mileage. Their exact fuel efficiency can be measured in miles-per-gallon equivalent or MPGe.
- Reduced operating costs: Electric trucks have lower operating costs than gas-powered trucks because electricity is cheaper than gasoline. Plus, electric vehicles require less maintenance, which means lower maintenance costs.
- Instant torque: Electric trucks have instant torque, which means they can accelerate quickly and easily.
- Quieter operation: Electric trucks are much quieter than gas-powered trucks, making them ideal for use in residential areas and other noise-sensitive environments.
- A longer lifespan: Electric trucks have fewer moving parts than gas-powered trucks, which means they are more reliable and have a longer lifespan.
- Regenerative braking: Electric trucks use regenerative braking to recharge their batteries, which means they can recover energy that would otherwise be lost during braking.
- Government incentives: Governments around the world offer incentives for the purchase of electric vehicles, which can help offset the higher initial cost of electric trucks.
If you’re interested in experiencing these benefits for yourself, take a look at some of the top electric trucks available on the market today. We’ll help you look for the best electric pickup truck by comparing power, towing capacity, MPGe, and cost.
These trucks are some of the few completely powered by electricity, which puts them fully in the future of automobile manufacturing. Although the list of fully electric trucks is currently limited, you can rest assured that continuing innovation will put many more electric pickups out there in the years to come. For now, you can familiarize yourself with what options are currently available so you can bring your business up to speed and take advantage of electric vehicles as they become more reliable.
Ford F-150 Lightning
Due to Ford’s enduring reputation as a trusted American manufacturer and its celebrated Ford F-150’s status as a reliable work truck, it is no surprise that the Ford F-150 Lightning makes this list. This truck combines everything you know and love about the Ford F-150 with the perks of operating an electric vehicle, including instant torque and quiet operation.
The Ford F-150 Lightning has two battery options at 98 kWh (standard) and 131 kWh (extended range). Depending on your choice, you can get between 240 and 320 miles of driving before you need to recharge, and either 452 or 560 horsepower. With the more powerful extended-range battery, you can have 10,000 lbs of towing capacity. The two batteries also have different rates of efficiency, with 63 MPGe for the standard battery and 61 MPGe for the extended-range battery.
This truck’s initial price ranges from $40,000 to $90,000 — again, depending on the battery option you may choose.
Chevrolet Silverado EV
Like the previous entry, the Chevy Silverado EV is an electric version of an already-existing model, but this time the electric engine is rebuilt from the ground up rather than repurposed. The Chevy Silverado EV also boasts a large truck bed that can reach up to 10 feet and 10 inches with the optional tailgate extended. This gives you plenty of space for whatever it is that you need to haul from point A to point B.
The Silverado EV also currently comes in two options, the RST First Edition and the Work Truck. The First Edition offers 664 horsepower, around 8,050 lbs of towing capacity, and costs around $105,000, while the Work Truck offers 510 horsepower, around 8,050 lbs of towing capacity, and costs around $39,900.
Since this is a very new model, official numbers for the MPGe have not yet been released. Some estimate, however, that the battery will provide around 47 MPGe.
With its sleek, futuristic design and impressive specs, the Rivian R1T is a brand-new truck that definitely belongs on this list for best electric truck. It boasts great instant torque, accelerating to 60 mph in about 3 seconds, and offers plenty of bells and whistles for a comfortable ride. The Rivian R1T, in fact, is said to handle like a sports car, although one that is higher off the ground.
This truck provides over 300 miles of driving per full battery charge, and the standard model provides 600 horsepower. This electric pickup also boasts an impressive 11,000 lbs towing capacity and gets around 70 MPGe.
The starting price for the Rivian R1T is currently around $69,000.
If your business requires the use of pickup trucks on a regular basis, you need to ensure that you have trucks that can get the job done. As the world shifts away from gasoline-reliant vehicles, you could consider investing in electric pickup trucks so that you don’t get left behind. Not only will you be able to reap the benefits of this new technology, but you’ll also be able to demonstrate to clients that your business takes care of the environment and makes an effort to be on the cutting edge.
If you want to learn more about building and managing your fleet, Flex Fleet Rental can help. We have a wealth of experience in providing clients with the fleet that they need, and are eager to share that experience with you.
Contact Flex Fleet Rental today. We can provide you with the pickup trucks you need with our cost-effective pickup truck rentals.